- General details
- Detailed description
- Services provided
National Institute of Research and Development for Cryogenic and Isotopic Technologies - ICSI RM Valcea
Structural Funds POR 2007 - 2013
04/2015 - 11/2015
Research laboratories for energy storage / ROM – EST
The overall objective is to contribute following RDI activity, through technological transfer, is to increase of the productivity of romanian enterprises and to reduce the disparities compared to the EU average productivity so that until the end of 2015 to be achieved an increased average in productivity of approx. 5.5% annually to allow Romania to reach a level of approximately 55% of the EU average.
Creating a RDI infrastructure that allows on the one hand developing the ICSI’s capacity to realize relevant projects in the field of energy storage, projects with direct applicability in the economy, and on the other hand allowing diversification of innovative services of the Institute. Achieving this goal will allow us to attract young researchers and highly qualified specialists from Romania and abroad, which will lead to strengthening of knowledge supply available at the Institute. At the level of CD structure will be achieved through this project has been provided a support group for Technological Transfer which will permanently follow and enhance cooperation between ICSI and businesses, stimulating their demand for innovation and the support for formation and development based on high technologies developed by the Institut.
The project aims to develop a research facility focused on developing innovative energy storage technologies. The ROM-EST laboratory is designed to complete the range of innovative energy technologies that INCDTCI Ramnicu Valcea proposes to be developed and implemented to the level of technological transfer.
Equipment and technologies for energy storage (EES – electrical energy storage) are multidisciplinary complex systems, which incorporate similar phases in electrical and physical contact. Battery operation or double-layer capacitiy (electrochemical) relies critically on electronic and ionic transfer across solid-solid and solid-liquid interfaces of each of constituents.
A crucial element for a fundamental understanding of the process of electrochemical and chemical storage is the development and implementation of investigative techniques and the microscopic scattering (^ Xr-ray diffraction), capable of providing high sensitivity information. These techniques would allow events monitoring processes with extremely low time resolution and high spatial resolution at the atomic scale. They would enable researchers to exploit the resulting information independent of time inherent electrochemical experiments that are highly sensitive to surfaces and interfaces.Currently, the storage technologies are far from existing requirements for efficient energy use in transport, stationary applications of network type, or residential applications and even electronic equipment.In terms of applications that can be developed through the newly created infrastructure of RDI, implementation of this project is essential for at least seven key areas of the economy as follows:
- Energy storage for stationary applications
- Regularization and growth of network reliability
- Electricity storage for renewable energy systems
- Portable Power Systems
Four areas have been identified to be related to the structure of research that can be achieved thanks to investments made by the present project because they are vital to the success of such complex investigations:
- New techniques for characterization
- Nanostructured materials
- Innovations in electrolytes
Theoretical models and simulations
1. Consulting services during the preparation of work execution. Financial consulting for achieving an efficient financial management
- Consulting services during the preparation of work execution
2. Consulting services during the execution of structural works
- Providing consultancy services in support of work execution management;
- Providing consultancy services for works supervision and collaboration with project supervisor during the entire execution of works.
3. Consultancy services for the delivery, installation and putting in service of equipment
- Providing consultancy services for the delivery, installation and putting in service of equipment
4. Consultancy services for acceptance at the ending of works
- Providing consultancy services for acceptance at the ending of works
5. Reporting within the project
- Reporting within the project
6. Project management
- Project management
7. Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitoring and evaluation