- General details
- Detailed description
- Services provided
PARTICIP GmbH; IM AVENSA Moldova; SC AVENSA CONSULTING SRL
Republic of Moldova
Parliamentary Committee for economy, budget and finance, the Prime Minister’s Office, the State Chancellery, the Ministry of Economy and the Moldovan Investment and Export Promotion Organization (MIEPO)
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
23/11/2016 – 31/12/2018
GOVERNMENT ADVICE ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – LOT 1
The project provides consultancy services for Government and Parliament bodies responsible for economic development, particularly the Parliamentary Committee for economy, budget and finance, the Prime Minister’s office, the State Chancellery, the Ministry of Economy and the Moldovan Investment and Export Promotion Organization (MIEPO).
Economic policy advice is implemented via Central public authorities, while promoting individual investment locations includes also cooperation with and within the regions of the country, especially the structurally weak ones.
The offered advice covers two areas: (1) Investment Climate in the country is improved, through developing measures to overcome administrative and technical barriers for investments and to simplify requirements for investments. Involvement of the private sector in the elaboration of reform proposals plays a central role. 2) Investment promotion services are strengthened: The Government of the Republic of Moldova is supported in the provision of assistance for the potential and current investment projects that create new jobs.
The main services/tasks provided include:
• Industrial Policy, including cluster and growth-pole definition and analysis, business linkages, financing schemes for industrial infrastructure, including industrial halls/buildings
• Investment regulation, especially investment contracts between Government and private investors, including legal arrangements
• Cross-sectorial and sectorial (investment) incentive design and reform (effectiveness evaluation, methodological benachmark; including fiscal incentives, subsidies, Free Economic Zones, Industrial Parks regulations and others)
• Policies supporting a Green Economy, SME energy efficiency, SME promotion in rural areas, women in business building of industrial halls,
• Analyses of and reform proposals for labour law, tax law, and further regulations shaping the business climate (including analysis of the Moldovan “entrepreneurial patent” and possible alternatives).
• Subjects that fall under the heading of the development of the banking and non-banking capital market regulations in the Republic of Moldova (for example in the framework of the introduction of innovative banking products).