- General details
- Detailed description
- Services provided
EVOLUXER SL (leader), SARGA & S.C. AVENSA CONSULTING S.R.L. (partner)
European Union represented by the European Commission , Delegation of the European Union to Georgia
Capacity Building to the Agriculture Cooperatives Development Agency (ACDA) – EuropeAid/136454/DH/SER/GE
This Contract is part of ENPARD Programme and its overall objective is the same as is ENPARD programme’s: to contribute to increase food production in Georgia and reduce rural poverty.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To strengthen institutional capacity and skills of Agriculture Cooperatives Development Agency (ACDA) and increase their capacity in the area of free movement of goods and products
- To institutionalize continued training programme for registered cooperative managers and management leaders
- To strengthen the management capacity and install proper governance at registered cooperatives
- To improve understanding among cooperative members of the meaning and purpose of cooperative enterprises, and an increased sense of ownership of their cooperatives also to increase their capacity in the area of free movement of goods/products and market surveillance.
The results to be obtained by the project are:
- R1 Strengthened institutional capacity of ACDA and competencies of its employees (as well as the relevant employees of the Information and Consultation Centres of the Ministry of Agriculture) to fulfil ACDA’s mandate effectively and efficiently
- R2 Developed well informed and knowledgeable cadre of trainers and training programmes at local education and training institutions (ETI) and individual expertise to provide continued training and development services to cooperative enterprise managers and management leaders
- R3 Developed rural development and cooperatives legislation according EU standards and Acquis to strengthen the competitiveness of Cooperatives.
- R4 Increased participation of cooperative members in their cooperative organizational and business matters
The main services/tasks provided include:
• To assess ACDA institutional strength and employee performance with the reference to ACDA mandate, stated employee duties and responsibilities, and internationally accepted practices
• To assess the ICCs level of knowledge on agriculture cooperatives development
• To carry out an ACDA employee training needs assessment (TNA)
• To develop comprehensive training programme for ACDA employees and relevant ICCs staff (at least one staff per each ICC) based on TNA findings, including evaluation and assessment components for improvement of future training programmes.
• To deliver trainings for all ACDA employees and relevant ICCs staff.
• To review and carry out regulatory impact assessment on the rural development, agriculture and cooperatives relevant primary and secondary legislation, identifying gaps with best EU standards and EU acquis.
• To propose changes and improvement in the rural development, agriculture and cooperatives legislation according to EU standards and EU acquis.
• To provide with capacity building and technical assistance to the Ministry of Agriculture in the development of primary and secondary legislation on rural development, agriculture and cooperatives according to EU standards and EU acquis.
• To develop policy norms and standards for streamlining legislative and regulatory environment for agriculture development according to EU standards and EU acquis
• To develop sample policies
• To develop sample legal documents
• To organize participatory workshops to discuss feasibility of adoption of above mentioned policies and legal documents and making them mandatory for registered cooperatives
• To provide technical assistance to ACDA and the and ETIs and individual experts to plan and implement training and development programme for registered cooperative managers and management leaders
• To carry assessment of impact of training and development programme on registered cooperative enterprise performance in the frame of annual cooperative audit
• To prepare informational and education materials about the concept and principles of cooperative enterprises for dissemination among cooperative members and the society at large
• To prepare training and development programme for cooperative members cooperative,
• To train at least 2,500 agriculture cooperatives' members across the country.